Best for free expense and mileage tracking
June 3, 2023
The Easy Expense app has simplified my budgeting experience, and I highly recommend it. It's incredibly user-friendly. I love that I can add categories and merchant details without switching windows, making it super convenient. The reports feature has made me more organized than ever before. I used to dread looking at my finances, but now I enjoy it. The best part is the amazing customer support. They are prompt and go above and beyond to help. Overall, Easy Expense has been a fantastic tool.
19 people found this review helpful
April 12, 2023
So far I really like the app. I've used it for a year when I started using it to track mileage. I like that I can go in later and add travel dates that I didn't get to do on the day I traveled. I'm recently trying the receipt scanner which works very nicely overall though sometimes I have to correct information but that is easy to do. I'm hoping it's easy to see all possible deductions in one place versus non deductions but I've not found that yet.
56 people found this review helpful
April 8, 2023
It is pretty good overall. It always seems to get the total of a receipt correct, but sometimes I have to enter tax manually (which is mainly what I started using it to track). It seems to have difficulty with tax when it's labeled as food tax due to a different rate or with digital receipts, possibly due to it not being next to the total.
50 people found this review helpful
Easy Expense is a powerful expense and mileage tracker for individuals looking for a free alternative. If you need access to premium features, there are affordable plans making it perfect for small businesses, independent contractors, and self-employed freelancers. Easy Expense has a simple interface to streamline mileage and expense tracking to save you time and money.
- Accurate trip logging: Logs trips for you as you drive from point to point
- Bank syncing: Sync your bank accounts to scan for expense tax deductions
- AI receipt scanner: Auto crops, extracts, and categorizes your receipt to maxmize your tax deductions
- Simple and detailed reports: Create mileage and expense reports for easy reimbursement or tax filing
- Team collaboration: Track mileage and expenses as a team with different levels of access
- User-friendly interface: Easily record your expenses and mileage with a few taps
- Simple trips: Log trips with saved and suggested locations to reduce data entry
- Fully customizable: Create your own mileage rates, vehicles, vendors, categories, and much more
- Add multiple businesses: Keep your business or personal expenses separate to reduce clutter
- Web app in development: Features are limited if you want to manage expenses on your computer
- No fuel (MPG) or odometer tracking
Learn More About Easy Expense
- Easy Expense’s free plan includes unlimited expense and mileage GPS tracking for solo users
- Individual subscription plan is $74/year for unlimited businesses and bank links
- Team subscription plan is $144/year for unlimited users (only one subscription needed)
Best for simple mileage tracking
July 24, 2023
App was once great. For past year or so, while it still tracks most drives, it's super buggy. Notification icon is invisible, & when I open the app to classify drives, it says 100% classified, even though I just got a notification to classify my drives. I have to click screen randomly multiple times until my unclassified drives finally display. It's super annoying. I've contacted support about invisible notification icon multiple times to no avail. I'm a subsciber and feel they just don't care.
4 people found this review helpful
July 16, 2023
1) It works well but not great. It seems to think that when you stop for a red light, it's a destination. So even though you actually went to a specific end point, of you stop at 2 lights then it shows as 3 trips. 2) It does not seem to recognize the Bluetooth connects so instead of adjusting the primary based on BT it just assumes the primary car. 3) Because of 1 and 2, it would be nice to select the multiple stops and make them into one trip. A quicker way to change the vehicle.
8 people found this review helpful
July 7, 2023
I'm a petsitter and use it to track mileage from job to job. For the most part it's easy to use and works well. I like that I can add customized purposes. I didn't give it 5 stars because I wish it had an "end trip" option to override auto detect. If I quickly (1-2 mins) deliver supplies to job sites before heading home, the app considers the whole route 1 trip. I have to go back and manually add individual trips/purposes before deleting what the app tracked so the classification is correct.
13 people found this review helpful
MileIQ is an automatic mileage tracker strictly for mileage tracking. It features a swipe mechanic to classify trips as personal or business, making it ideal for those who are looking for simple mileage tracking.
- Swipe classification: Swipe left for personal and right for business
- View trips by date: See an overview of your driving
- Mileage tracking for teams: Track your employees' mileage with custom reimbursement rates
- One swipe classification: Swipe left or right to review trips
- Has a section to classify trips: View trip classifications between business, personal, and unclassified
- Limited report and emailing options: Can only email reports to yourself by month or year
- Can't set mileage rates: Has to be done through the web app
- MileIQ's free plan includes 40 drives a month and free manual trip tracking
- Individual plan is $59/year for unlimited drives
- Team plans range from $50-100/user/year
Best for large organizations and fleet drivers
July 24, 2023
This is the best mileage tracking app I have ever used. I use the iBeacon, & it works great. Their customer support is top notch, & they respond quickly through the chat feature inside the app. I had an issue once that it wasn't connecting properly to the iBeacon. I went into the app settings in my phone > storage >& cleared cache & data. That immediately fixed the issue. I recommend backing up your app data to the cloud first then pushing it back to your phone after you clear the cache/data.
1 person found this review helpful
July 20, 2023
The app alone worked decent. I "upgraded" to the "Triplog Drive" recently. It is sporadic at best. The accuracy is dismal. Its been off by as much as 20% (high) on some trips. Pretty poor being that its a GPS device. The autostart doesn't always work. It will start a trip just by opening a door to retrieve something. Make sure you monitor that its working. Kinda opposite of why I upgraded. The selector button doesn't always work either. Very disappointing.
5 people found this review helpful
July 10, 2019
I've been using triplog for about a year. I first started using it with a vehicle that had Bluetooth and had zero issues with it connecting. I started using it with another vehicle and found it wasn't automatically differentiating between the two vehicles. I did reach out to customer support they suggested I get a second plug in to use in the vehicle that has Bluetooth. This was an extra expense and really didn't seem practical for me. I now have it set to magic trip and it's been working great
1 person found this review helpful
TripLog is a expense and mileage tracker with many ways to track trips at a large scale. With time tracking and scheduled shifts, they're great for large companies looking to automate employee mileage tracking.
- Multiple ways to track mileage: Track mileage with different devices to ensure mileage tracking accuracy
- Schedule shifts and dispatch: Plan your employees' driving and send them out as needed
- Reimbursement and expense approvals: Reimburse your employees for their driving expenses
- Employee tracking: Logs parked vehicle locations and driving so you know where employees are
- MPG and Odometer tracking: Track your driving expenses by the mile
- International tracking: Tiered mileage rates for other locations besides the United States
- Limited receipt scanner: Text recognition often fails and only extracts the merchant, date, and total
- No suggested locations: You must manually input addresses (unless previously saved) for manual trips
- TripLog's free plan includes 40 drives and free manual trip tracking
- Individual plan is $59/year for unlimited GPS tracking
- Team plans range from $120-180/user/year
Best for mileage tracking with iBeacon
May 24, 2023
Well-designed app that gets the job done efficiently and intuitively without making a big deal of itself. My only complaint is that someone really dropped the ball with the pricing structure. Among all the cool bells and whistles rhat would make sense to charge for, they chose to charge for... spreadsheet space. Not a satisfying perk. And at $14/mo for the lowest tier, that potentially ends up costing nearly a dollar per ride for users who don't surpass their free 15 rides by very much.
27 people found this review helpful
June 6, 2023
Absolutely the worst mileage tracking app ever. App uses well over 10% of my battery everyday you have to have physical activity turned on so they're tracking you when you walk through your own home not just when you're driving your vehicle for work purposes. the price for the app is considerably higher than other apps that do the same thing. customer service is practically non-existent and the app specifically says you can expect a reply in 24 hours that sure helpful, not.
25 people found this review helpful
April 15, 2023
This COULD be a great app, one I would gladly pay for, but it's infuriating. I want to track trips manually (and after the trouble I've had with trying to get to be ACCURATE with a manual trip, there's no way I'd trust it to track automatically). I've found workarounds, and honestly it's better than almost all the other mileage trackers, but still infuriating. Support...is polite and tries very much to be helpful...tries.
33 people found this review helpful
Driversnote is another simple mileage tracker that features an iBeacon device and AI classification for accurate mileage tracking and deductions.
- AI classification: Auto classify trips based on driving locations
- iBeacon: Starts tracking trips when your phone is near your car
- Log odometer readings: Manually log vehicle mileage as desired
- Route selection: Choose from multiple routes when adding trips manually
- Vehicle logging: Include vehicle details such as odometer readings and license plate number
- No custom mileage types: You can set your own rates but not the type of mileage
- Limited sharing options: You can only submit your report to your team or download them
- Driversnote's free plan includes 15 free trips per month
- Subscription plans range from $132-156/user/year and includes a free iBeacon
Best for freelance or self-employed drivers
July 21, 2023
I do like the program's feature of documenting my expenses. But, since installing this app and paying for the premium version, my tracker does not work it is inconsistent it stops working while I'm driving. The representative informed me that they are aware that it is a problem. While also being informed that it's important to check on the tracker periodically to ensure that it is actually tracking my mileage. I've decided I am going to uninstall this app and cancel my subscription.
1 person found this review helpful
June 12, 2023
Update - going on year 3. I love the auto track feature for miles and the ability to break out expenses by different businesses and categories and date ranges. I don't want to link certain things so end up still having some manual work, but a good, easy to use system. Still 5 star imo. Great way to simplify tax documentation. Using for almost a year and so far happy. Tech support answers quickly. As we get towards tax season will find out how easy it is to prep for my cpa.
6 people found this review helpful
March 4, 2023
This app is awesome, it's going to save so much time on my tax preparation. Also, I like the feature where you can separate your business from your personal, & even make notes in an area, so it can differentiate, & divide all the miles into the correct category. In addition, it calculates each group separately. In short, it's a great app that I would recommend for everyone, because it's a lifesaver, & a time-saver as well! 🙂👍
17 people found this review helpful
Hurdlr is a general expense and mileage tracker aimed towards self-employed freelancers. Unfortunately, they do not have a receipt scanner which makes them less ideal for expense tracking.
- Bluetooth mileage tracking: Track mileage in the most accurate and efficient way
- Speed Tagging: Combine multiple trips into one for easy viewing
- Time Tracker: Track hours worked on the job
- Multiple ways to self track: Start a timer for driving, working, etc.
- Start/stop tracking: Track mileage as you drive
- Tax Profiles: Track your estimated taxes and deductions
- No teams: Can only track as an individual
- No manual GPS or suggested locations: You'll must input trip details and distance
- Hurdlr's free plan includes free manual expense and mileage tracking
- Individual plans range from $100-200/year
Best for rideshare drivers
Thomas M Robarts
May 20, 2023
Having mixed results. Lately it's been crashing daily and the only way I can fix it is by restarting the phone. Also there's no where to insert starting mileage when starting a new trip, unless I'm missing something you have to end the current trip before you can add a note of what the starting mileage was. Also it doesn't allow you to put in any information until after the trip is done..I don't really get why. Yes I could add a trip.. id rather be able to start a trip and label it ahead of time
10 people found this review helpful
May 25, 2023
Update, giving up on the paid version. Drops too many trips. Ones that I have classified come back as unclassified and then trips the whole week thing, Great idea but in the end if it doesn't track all trips, what's the point? The app is ok, not great, not bad. You do miss trips if you don't go in and classify your trips at least once a week, which kind of defeats the idea of it tracking you trips so you don't forget ones.
7 people found this review helpful
May 18, 2023
It has been an excellent experience so far. The swipe feature for whether a drive was for personal or work is great, and it saves your trips for when you forget to toggle it on. Very very good feature. I have a subscription to this service and I don't regret it one bit. This is one of the only apps I am currently paying for.
1 person found this review helpful
Everlance is great if you're driving for companies like Uber, Lyft, or DoorDash! Claim tax deductions on refreshments and snacks for your passengers with their expense and mileage tracking. With work hours, auto classify your trips when you're driving for business or personal purposes.
- Different GPS tracking styles: Log individual or long session trips
- Mileage tracker optimization: Ensures trips are accurately recorded
- Favorite trips and locations: Create trips quickly with saved data
- Track Revenue: Record incoming transactions as revenue either manually or automatically
- Set work hours: Auto classify your trips by setting the hours you drive for work
- Automatic reports: Expenses and trips classified as work are added to a report
- Customize your trips: Add your own vehicle, note, tags or driving purpose
- No receipt scanner: You’ll have to capture and input receipt data manually
- One mileage deduction rate: It’s not possible to have different mileage rates simultaneously
- Everlance's free plan includes 30 drives per month and free manual mileage and expense tracking
- Individual plans range from $60-$120/year
- Team plans range from $120-$396/user/year