Tax Filing Terms of Service
Updated on Dec 15 2023
Welcome to Easy Expense's embedded tax filing service. By engaging with the tax filing service ("Column Tax") within our application ("Easy Expense"), you agree to the terms and conditions below. If you do not agree, do not use the tax filing service offered within our application.
Tax Filing Guarantees
All tax filing guarantees are made and backed by our filing partner Column Tax
Column Tax Product features
These are features Column Tax offers for all embedded tax filing users.
- Maximum refund guarantee: Column Tax is designed to get you all the tax credits and deductions you are eligible for! File with peace of mind knowing that you will get your maximum refund.
- Accuracy guarantee: Column Tax stands behind the accuracy of their calculations. If you pay an IRS penalty because of a Column Tax calculation error, they’ll pay the penalty and interest for you.
- Audit support. If you receive an audit letter for your return, Column Tax is here to support you. Ensuring that you understand the process, have all the necessary documentation in order, and can confidently address any concerns raised by the tax authorities.
As outlined in terms of service
Note: This matches the industry standard for all three of these product features
- Maximum Refund Guarantee. Column Tax will reimburse you for up to $250 if you are able to pay less federal or state income tax or receive a larger federal or state income tax return by using another tax return preparation provider. To be eligible for such reimbursement, the difference must be solely due to calculations, not due to entering any additional information or taking any different tax positions. To be eligible for such a reimbursement, you must file your federal (and if applicable state) income tax returns using the other tax preparation provider and must submit a copy of such return within sixty (60) days of filing via letter to 228 Park Ave S, PMB 22299, New York, New York, 10003, US or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also provide proof of payment for the other tax preparation provider and Column Tax will reimburse you for that amount (up to $250). Column Tax reserves the right to request additional information to support your claim that the other tax preparation provider calculated a lower tax liability or larger refund amount and that any such difference was not the result of different information.
- Accuracy Guarantee. Column Tax will reimburse you for up to $10,000 of IRS or state interest and/or penalty that is imposed as the result of a computational error on a form prepared using Column Tax. If you believe that such an error occurred and you wish to seek reimbursement, you must submit a request for reimbursement via letter to 228 Park Ave S, PMB 22299, New York, New York, 10003, US or via email to email@example.com. Such a request for reimbursement must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the payment of interest and/or penalty and you must include (i) any correspondence assessing such interest and/or penalty, and (ii) proof that you paid the assessed interest and/or penalty. This Section (Accuracy Guarantee) applies only to computational errors made by Column Tax; it DOES NOT apply to any errors that are the result of, among other things, any incomplete, inaccurate, or inconsistent information provided by you, any uncertain position you decide to take, your choice not to claim a deduction or credit, conflicting tax laws or guidance, or any changes to federal or state tax laws after January 1, 2023.
- Examination and Audit Support. Column Tax will provide free guidance from a tax professional to help you answer any questions from a taxing authority (i.e., the IRS or state Department of Revenue or similar agency) regarding a return that you file using Column Tax. To qualify, you must use Column Tax to file your individual federal and applicable state income tax return. You must notify Column Tax within thirty (30) days of the date you receive correspondence from the taxing authority. To request assistance, you must send a letter to 228 Park Ave S, PMB 22299, New York, New York, 10003, US or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include a copy of the letter received from the taxing authority with your request for assistance. Upon receipt of such a claim, Column Tax will work with a tax professional to help you understand the type of information that may be helpful in responding to the IRS or applicable taxing authority. COLUMN TAX WILL NOT BE YOUR REPRESENTATIVE OR PROVIDE ANY LEGAL ADVICE REGARDING YOUR RESPONSE.
Changes to This Terms of Service
We may update our Tax Filing Terms of Service from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Tax Filing Terms of Service on this page.
This terms of service is effective as of Dec 15 2023.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Tax Filing Terms of Service, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com